Room Services and Policies
- Please sign in at podium upon entering the Genealogy Room.
- Leave all brief cases, large bags, purses outside of Genealogy Room.
- No food or drinks allowed.
- Books and materials in Genealogy collection do not circulate.
- Copies from Microflim are $.25 per page (8.5 x 11).
- Copies from Photocopier in lobby by Front Desk are $.15, $.25, and $.35 cents depending on paper size.
- Please pay for copies at the Front Desk.
- All copyright laws apply to copying Genealogy material.
- Only mimimal assistance is provided by staff with Genealogy research.
- Please leave all materials on Genealogy table after research for staff to shelves.
Copies from the Cannon Courier Death and Obituaries from Microfilm
- #49-1878 TO1933-324 OBITUARIES
- #50-1934 TO 1937-500 OBITUARIES
- #51-1938 TO 1941-446 OBITUARIES
- #52-1942 TO 1944-371 OBITUARIES
- #53-1945 TO1947 491 OBITUARIES
- #54-1948 TO 1950 432 OBITUARIES
- #55-1951 TO 1952 287 OBITUARIES
- #56-1953 TO 1954 311 OBITUARIES
New Copies of Obituaries from Cannon Courier Newspaper
- 2000-2002 - 506 obituaries
- 2003-2005- 347 obituaries
- 2006-2008-586 obituaries
- 2009-2010- 424 obituraries
$30 each or $50 for 2. Each Year has an index + $5.15 for shipping and handling for mailing 1-3 items.
What is Genealogy?
Genealogy is the study of families and the tracing of their lineages and history. Genealogists use oral traditions, historical records, genetic analysis, and other records to obtain information about a family and to demonstrate kinship and pedigrees of its members. The results are often displayed in charts or written as narratives.
Books may be purchased at The Adams Memorial Library
Cannon County History Books for Sale
Books can be ship directly to you! Just make check to indicated organization, add postage indicated per book, and mail your check to 212 College Street, Woodbury, TN 37190.